Exotic Mt. Treks Pvt. Ltd.
has been supporting eco and sustainable tourism in Nepal. In this regards we have been promoting new concept and exploring new trekking route, community stay program all year round and at country side, village tourism can be all year round where local can generate direct and indirect benefit such as financially / culturally exchange, socially improvement by talking, listening, traditional way working style at firm by using their man power.
Also, we have done few projects related to environmental task, educational teaching and repair and built schools at the countryside of Nepal, where are not enough basic class rooms to study even for primary level students.
Our nature of business is an adventure tourism such as trekking, mountaineering in Himalayas, jungle safari and rafting down to the south Tarai land and rivers of Nepal. We have been following five guide lines of IPPG.
- Porters should get pay because of injury, frostbite, injury altitude and etc. Sick porters never be sent down alone. Sufficient funds should be provided to cover rescue and treatment.
- We provide enough clothing to porters for their protection in bad weather and altitude. This means hat, glove, sunglasses, socks, good enough footwear and warm jacket.
- Above the tree line porters are provided shelter either a room in lodges or in tent including sleeping pad, blanket and cooking equipments and meals.
- Provide medical care including insurance.
- Maximum 30 Kg load limits to be adjusted for high altitude and weather conditions for the porters.
Respect local cultures and grand back to the local communities:
Our teams have been learning to respect the local cultures in trekking trail that they visit and guide our clients. By our many years learning experiences, and hope that trekkers will be able to learn from the local of the Himalaya about their way of life, cultures, customs, and their beliefs. Our Program are designed that you have opportunities to meet the local people and interact with them. But we do ask that you be sensitive to their way of lives.
Massive mountain peaks and impressive geography, is actually an incredibly fragile environment. Our lives have revolved around the Himalayas and free flowing river. We feel and increased responsibility to protect and preserve these wild areas. Not only do, we leave every campsite cleaner than when we have arrived. We have taken steps to protect Nepal’s Himalayas / trekking trail and rivers and the people who live along them.
We pioneer the use of kerosene and LPG gas on all of our trekking and adventure destination in the mountain / Himalayas / river / community and virtually wrote the manual on effective waste disposal on treks/ mountaineering / jungle safari, raft so as not to degrade the environment. All our vehicles meet the emission standards in the cities, towns and other areas that they ply in. Pollution takes away the beauty and threatens the fragile ecosystem of the country. We will leave therefore nothing behind us except foot prints and take nice photographs and good memories.